Wednesday, February 19, 2014

//THE WAYANG JUNIOR


Dec '13.

I received a phone call 2 days before the actual shoot. They told me they are interested in me and would like to see if I am up for the role. I went down for audition just like any usual ones that I've been to. This time round, something different. Audition venue at the Wayang stage. Lecturers judging. Felt as though its something really important to them.

Director started explaining to me the role and I got interested. Besides the usual average joe, gangster, rebellion, I'm playing the role of a Wayang Junior. I've got to learn the ropes of swirling and twirling the sword. It really appeals to me. At that point of time, everything else doesn't matter as long as I get to play the role. To me, it has been this way all along. If something really interest me or I really want it, nothing else matter, even monetary term.

TA-DAH! Then, I've been informed I gotten the role later on at night. This is my 4th FYP film and the amazing thing is, this particular FYP cultural film is to be shown in Singapore Discovery Center from March '14 onwards!! Currently, its in the midst of post-production and the team is really working really hard on it. Am really excited for the screening. Although, its not like the good old days, where I get to walk the red carpet. But, it would be really nice if friends can come together and watch this featured film. SOON!

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment